some MOVIES & DRAMAS which have an influence on ME!

some MOVIES & DRAMAS which have an influence on ME!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dead Poets Society(1989)


Williams’s movie made me reflect on myself. Dead Poets Society, in which he played as a good teacher, taught me ‘carpe diem’ which means enjoying the present.



carpe diem...carpe diem... carpe diem...
 In that movie scene, he gathered his students in the school corridor, where there are some pictures of graduates on the wall. Then, he encouraged them to listen to their alumni’ voice. He started to inch his way toward the front of his students. And, he whispered in their ears and said: Carpe Diem.
Before I watched the movie, I used to complain about my present and miss the past. It was not a good habit to improve me. Through this movie, I came to change my mind and enjoy my present.




Like this, his teaching looked a little bit weired. oneday, in his class about understanding about poets, he encourage his students to tear the book. then he said to the students that  poets should not be studied by us, but it should be just felt by us. maybe he didn't want them to fit themselves as just a part of the society. if someone like him teach high school students in Korea, he may be expelled from the school. so, i am a little bit sad because until now, our students have been pressured and be forced to only formal study.  


Captin my captin!

Last scene make me cry. after one of his students commited a suiside, he was expelled from the school. but, at that time, his students standed up on the desk and said to him,"Captin, my captin!" their action looks like the resist movement to the formal school. although superfically, he was expelled from the school, his students who were influenced on by him would remember his teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment